top of page

Fruits & Veggies 🍎🥕

Public·10 members
Mohd Ridzuan Mohamad Sharip
Mohd Ridzuan Mohamad Sharip

David Crosby - If I Could Only Remember My Name.... (1971) {2006 Atlantic Remaster}.rar

David Crosby - If I Could Only Remember My Name.... (1971) 2006 Atlantic Remaster.rar

If I Could Only Remember My Name is the debut solo album by American singer-songwriter David Crosby, released in February 1971 on Atlantic Records. It was one of four high-profile albums released by each member of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young in the wake of their chart-topping 1970 album Déjà Vu. The album features guest appearances by Jerry Garcia, Graham Nash, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, and other prominent West Coast musicians of the era. The album peaked at No. 12 on the Top LPs chart and earned a RIAA gold record certification in the United States. It initially received negative reviews from critics, but has gone on to achieve cult fandom and praise from modern critics.

The album was recorded during a period of mourning for Crosby following the death of his girlfriend Christine Hinton in a 1969 car accident. Grief stricken, Crosby coped by doing hard drugs and spending large amounts of time in the studio, where he "felt safe". He invited many of his musician friends to take part in the sessions, creating a loose ensemble of musicians that was dubbed The Planet Earth Rock and Roll Orchestra by Jefferson Airplane bandleader Paul Kantner . The music on the album reflects Crosby's emotional state, ranging from somber acoustic ballads to experimental soundscapes with wordless vocals. The album's title was inspired by a remark made by a friend of Crosby's who had taken LSD and forgotten his own name.

Download File: https://turbusstelbo.blogspot.com/?download=2w4ooR

The 2006 Atlantic Remaster is a reissue of the album that features improved sound quality and bonus tracks. The bonus tracks include an alternate version of "Laughing", a demo of "Kids and Dogs", and two previously unreleased songs: "Song with No Words (Tree with No Leaves)" and "Orleans" . The reissue also includes new liner notes by David Fricke and an essay by David Crosby. The reissue was praised by critics for enhancing the original album's sonic beauty and revealing new details in the music.

The album's title has also become a popular subject for internet memes, especially among music fans who appreciate its absurdity and humor. The title has been used to create parodies of other album covers, such as "If I Could Only Remember My Password" or "If I Could Only Remember Where I Parked". The title has also been used to mock other musicians who have forgotten their names or identities, such as Bob Dylan or Britney Spears. Some fans have also created fake reviews or descriptions of the album based on its title, such as "If I Could Only Remember My Name is a concept album about a man who wakes up in a hospital with amnesia and tries to piece together his life through music" or "If I Could Only Remember My Name is a psychedelic masterpiece that explores the nature of identity and memory through complex harmonies and ambient sounds".

The .rar file extension indicates that the album is compressed into a single file that can be extracted using a software program such as WinRAR or 7-Zip. The file size is reduced by removing unnecessary data and using algorithms to encode the remaining data more efficiently. This allows users to download or share the album faster and easier. However, some users may prefer to download or stream the album in other formats, such as MP3 or FLAC, which do not require extraction and can be played directly on most devices.

References:

• : If I Could Only Remember My Name - Wikipedia

• : David Crosbys Guide to His 1971 LP If I Could Only Remember My Name Rolling Stone

• : David Crosby: If I Could Only Remember My Name - Pitchfork

• : If I Could Only Remember My Name - AllMusic

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page